If it isn’t obvious that Curren$y is most likely HMJ’s favorite artist, then this should prove it. I’ve been rocking with Spitta since his Young Money days back in 2006. He is by far my favorite artist today. Ever since I heard This Aint Know Mixtape, I knew he was and that the album was my favorite ever. He is such a hard working artist and shows that potheads can and do make moves. Spitta started out with Master P’s and my personal favorite label, No Limit. He was in the group the 504 Boyz. After No Limit went down, he then signed with Lil Wayne’s Young Money. He later left in 2007 officially because he felt like they were not promoting his album well enough. Once going independent, he released countless mixtapes and albums. He is now one of the biggest stoner rappers out there. He went from gangsta rap to ganja rap in about six years.
In the last two years he has gained a ton of fans. I remember in 2008 when to be honest, nobody really knew what a Curren$y was. Now people from all over are Spitta fans. I’m not mad at all. I’m very happy that people finally realized his talents and started paying attention to him. A lot of fans are still uneducated about Curren$y’s career and accomplishments. I feel like they should be educated about one of today’s biggest ganja rappers.
1. Curren$y has a brother named Mr. Marcelo who was part of No Limit. They have a few songs together. It’s very obvious that Marcelo just didn’t get the light Spitta has earned but I’m sure Spitta makes sure his bro is set.
3. It took about 7 years for Curren$y to release his first official solo album. He was signed to No Limit in 2002 and released his first album This Aint Know Mixtape in 2009.
4. Spitta has released 15 solo mixtapes, 2 collaboration and 17 mixtapes total. He has released 6 albums, 2 collaboration and 8 total albums throughout his career. Most coming from 2008 to present. He has another collaboration album with The Alchemist dropping on 4/20 called Re-Coversionalize and another one with The Cool Kids called Puff Daddy with no release date. He also another album called The Stoned Immaculate dropping June 3rd. We just got his first single for the album a few days ago with Wale.
Welcome Back (2005)
Life at 30,000 Feet (2006)
Independence Day (2008)
Higher Than 30,000 Feet (2008)
Welcome to the Winner’s Circle (2008)
Fear and Loathing in New Orleans (2008)
Super Tecmo Bowl (2008)
Fast Times at Ridgemont Fly (2008)
JETS FOOL (2009)
Kicks, Video Games, Movies & Chicks (2009)
How Fly (with Wiz Khalifa) (2009)
Smokee Robinson (2010)
Return to the Winner’s Circle (2011)
Verde Terrace (2011)
#The1st28 (with Styles P) (2012)
This Ain’t No Mixtape (2009)
Pilot Talk (2010)
Pilot Talk II(2010)
Weekend at Burnie’s(2011)
Muscle Car Chronicles(2012)
Covert Coup (with The Alchemist) (2011)
Jet World Order(with Jet Life) (2011)
6. Jet Life has 10 artists including Spitta. The artists include: Trademark Da Skydiver, Young Roddy, Smoke DZA, Sir Michael Rocks (a.k.a. Mikey Rocks of The Cool Kids), Nesby Phips, MonstaBeatz, Street Wiz, DeeLow, Corner Boy P and his former label mate at No Limit, Fiend.
7. Spitta has released at least one project every 6 months since 2008. If you don’t believe me, go do some damn research.
8. Curren$y was the first artist signed to Lil Wayne’s Young Money. His single from his suppose to be original album Music To Fly To was Where Da Cash At.
These last two are my opinion only. Some may agree, some may not.
9. If it wasn’t for Curren$y, Wiz Khalifa wouldn’t be as big as he is.