Colorado is now on it's third day of selling legal marijuana. They reported that over $1 million was made in the first day alone. Newscasts were everywhere when the first purchase was made. The whole world is watching Colorado and Washington to see if this is a good idea. Guess what, it's a superb idea. It will work fine as long as we follow the rules and know what to do. That's what this list is here to do. It will help, educate and tell some history about purchasing legal marijuana in Colorado.
1. The first marijuana sold will end up in a museum.
2. Colorado citizens can buy up to an ounce a day.
3. Non residents of Colorado can only buy ¼ ounce a day.
4. You can carry up to an ounce.
5. There is a $50 fine for an open cannabis container in a car, it's treated like an open container of alcohol.
6. Marijuana tax on your weed is about 31.4%.
7. The first $40 million is reported to go to schools.
8. $1 million worth of marijuana was sold on the first day.
9. Colorado is predicted to make $600 million in the first year.
10. $67 million of that will go to taxes.
11. More cities have banned recreational cannabis facilities than accepted it.
31 cities have allowed recreational cannabis facilities. That may sound like a lot but 82 cities have banned recreational cannabis facilities. 20 of those cities have only banned them temporarily until late 2014.