Earthbound Edibles Cannabutter
Written by: Patrick Thompson
There are numerous ways to make cannabutter. Earthbound Edibles enlightened me by showing me the easiest way to make cannabutter. Earthbound’s crock-pot method requires the least maintenance out of all the methods I’ve tried, and is the most efficient by far. The Cannabinoids infuse into the butter over 24 hours; you will no longer lose any cannabinoids by unknowingly boiling them off like you do via other methods.
Here’s what you will need:
- Measuring cup (1 cup)
- Rubber spatula
- 1 cup of water
- X amount of cannabis
- X amount of butter
**[X is equal to any positive number (in its respective units)]**
Concocting your edibles:
- Step 1: Before you get to work, turn your crock pot on low and find out how much butter you are going to make. You should also know how much cannabis you are going to use. I recommend taking a look at OpenStrain’s edible calculator to figure out the medical dosage — that the amount of cannabis you are going to be using will yield in your edibles.
- Step 2: Take your butter and cut it into cubes; this will help it melt faster. To cube the butter, cut the butter at the 1 Tbsp.-mark on the package (as seen below).
- Step 3: After the butter is cubed, place the cubed butter into the crock pot and wait for it to fully melt.
- Step 4. When the butter is done melting, measure out 1 cup of water.
- Step 5: Pour 1 cup of water into the melted butter.
- Step 6: Take your ground up cannabis and dump it into the mixture. Give the mixture a gentle stir with your rubber spatula so that it assimilates. After mixed, place the lid atop of the crock pot.
- Step 7: Leave the mixture on low for 24 hours. Occasionally stir the mixture every couple of hours (every 2 hours is preferable); never let your mixture reach a boil.
- Step 8: After 24 hours, turn your crock pot off. Remove the lid and gently stir the infused butter. Then, pour the mixture through a strainer and into a separate container.
- Step 9: Place the container in the refrigerator to let the butter solidify. You will see the butter solidify over a layer of water and sediment; don’t be alarmed.
- Step 10: After the butter has solidified, remove it from the refrigerator. You now have the finished product: cannabutter. Earthbound suggests cutting along the frame of the container with a knife and then carefully filtering out the water and sediment by dumping the contents of your container into a strainer.
[Image via Louis Kang]
You can store the butter in the refrigerator for later, or you can hit the kitchen and preheat the oven.
I got to watch Earthbound Edibles make their chocolate chip cookies and they came out phenomenal.
Earthbound Edibles is located on the East Coast. Although none of their products are currently for sale due to state and federal laws, they have plans to operate as a business post-legalization.
Come back next week for another Earthbound recipe. Next up: Gummy bears… just in time for Halloween.
[Images via Louis Kang]
Featured Partner: Meet All Your Local Marijuana Needs (Buy Sell Buds) Anonymously In Real-Time For FREE
Leafedin – Weed App – Find Weed Near You! Meet Any of Your Marijuana Product or Labor Needs Locally in Real-Time! Free Anonymous Map Weed App, Works On Any Device, Sign-Up In Seconds and Find Bud Connects Marijuana Work or Labor, New Clients, etc INSTANTLY!