Former Knicks POWER Foward Charles Oakley is trying to get a new career. Normally former ballplayers do broadcasting or get restaurants or front office jobs.
Not Charles though, he is going to pursue a job on a cooking show. Now if he cooks as well as he boxes out, expect to see eggs and bacon all over the wall. Better watch out Emeril.
Oakley is executive producing and starring as the cook on a TV show he's trying to pitch called "Café Oakley," and last night's screening featured three episodes (one of which guest starred John Starks).Oakley cooked Oak's Fried Chicken and Macaroni Salad in the first episode, followed by Oak's Pasta, Sauce and Sausages in the second, and Oak's Smothered Steak and Rice in the third. "Hopefully we'll get some calls about it," Oakley said. "I'd give it an 8.5 out of 10."
Thanks to Skeets over at Yahoo, we have a delicious Charles Oakley recipe:
Charles Oakley's Beef Short Ribs in Cinnamon Red Wine Sauce
* 6 large beef short ribs, bone in
* 1/4 cup canola oil
* 18 beers
* 1 large onion, finely chopped, no tears
* 1 tbsp. chopped garlic
* 1 cup ground fresh tomatoes
* 1/2 cup red wine
* 2 or 3 Cuban cigars
* 4 cups chicken stock
* 1 tbsp. cumin seeds
* 1 x whole piece cinnamon bark (approximately 3-inches long)
* 1 tbsp. cumin
* 1/2 tsp. turmeric
* 1/2 tsp. red cayenne pepper
* 1 heaping tbsp. Mexican chilli powder
1. Drink 10 beers.
2. In a large, heavy saucepan, add the cooking oil and the cumin to high heat. Let the seeds sizzle, then add the cinnamon and onions. Sauté until the onions are intimidating.
3. Add the garlic and continue to sauté until your done smoking a nice fat stogie.
4. Lower the heat and add the tomatoes and all of the remaining spices. Just chuck it all in there. Bang the cupboards.
5. Once you stir the powdered spices in the tomatoes, increase the heat back to medium. Stir regularly — with your bare hand, very important! — and continue cooking the spices until the oil separates from the tomatoes. This will take about 10 to 15 minutes. 7 minutes if you yell and belittle the oil.
6. Slam 3 beers.
7. Stir in the stock and red wine and bring to a boil. Probably a god time for another smoke. Maybe a game of poker, too.
8. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes and/or until you hear Tyrone Hill screaming from the basement.
9. Add the short ribs and stir well. (Note: If you're short on time, skip steps 1-thru-8 and just eat the ribs raw.)
10. Bring back to a boil.
11. Chug 5 beers, work up an appetite.
12. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer the short ribs until the meat completely separates from the bone. This will take approximately 4 hours, so order some pizza and hookers with Jordan's credit card.
13. Serve, charge dinner guests for your troubles.
Featured Partner: Leafbuyer - The Best Marijuana Deals, Save At Your Local Dispensary
all about finding you the best ways to save money on your favorite cannabis products. Every day, hundreds of local Marijuana Dispensaries, Head Shops, and Grow Stores help us bring you deals and savings on anything you need. Whether you’re looking to try the latest strain, find the perfect pipe, or start growing your own, Leafbuyer is your one stop shop to find the best marijuana deals in town. Businesses post new offers to Leafbuyer.com every day