When you grow up, time actually IS money. My first recipe publication on HMJ was a ‘How To’ on Cannabutter mixing it with water to prevent any THC burning. Now that I have a full time job, I can’t afford to make cannabutter in 2 days, using the old method.
So this is the one I use now, taking due precautions, of course.
– Weed (not gonna put any proportions, I mostly use a big cup of ground up leaves and about 5 grams of buds, but you can always do more if the butter can hold it)
– 500 grams of butter (18 ounces aprox.)
– A pot (pun intended)
– A heat-resistant glass or steel bowl
– A fine strainer or clean cloth.
1. Put some hot water in the pot, and wait till it starts to boil, then put the bowl on top, without letting the water touch the bowl, just the vapor.
2. Then, put the butter in, let it melt and add the weed, then put the flame on minimum (I recommend using a non electrical bread toaster under the pot to be completely safe).
3. Leave the weed to heat for and hour and a half, stirring every 5 minutes to prevent the weed from accidentaly burning. The butter is gonna turn into a beautiful dark green.
4. Take the bowl out of the pot and separate the leftover weed from the butter, using a strainer or the clean cloth, pressing real hard so all of the butter will come off.
5. Put the butter in a clean container, that you can use if you don’t wanna cook with all of it. Store in the fridge.
*Pro tip: You’re gonna get a green paste of leftover leaves/bud, and if you don’t wanna loose it, you can use a part of the previous cannabutter method, put it in the pot to boil directly with the water for 10 minutes, strain it with the cloth or strainer, change it to a different container, let it get cold for a while and then put it in the fridge. Leave it overnight and you’ll get a layer of recicled butter on top of the water to add to the rest.
After it was done, I tried a simple pancake recipe with syrup and cannabutter on top. Worked perfectly.
Featured Partner: Nugg - Fast & easy online cannabis delivery to SoCal
Nugg makes it easy to order medical marijuana delivery from hundreds of dispensaries in California. Browse thousands of products & Get $20 off your first order when you use code “FREEWEED”