If you’ve been giving your favorite bong or marijuana smoking device a thorough workout lately, you should make sure to give it a good cleaning as well to keep it operational and ready-to-use whenever the mood strikes you. Here are the steps to take in this simple and important process.
Gather these items to have on hand before you get started on the cleaning. Place them all near a sink that is empty so you will have plenty of room. If you’re super lazy, or just straight up pressed for time, you can order these items online and have them delivered to your door:
- Salt (the courser the better), such as rock or Kosher
- Rubbing alcohol
- Paper towel
- Cleaning brushes, a chop stick, or a paper clip
- Rubber gloves (for better grip on slippery glass pieces)
The next step is to disassemble the bong. If you’ve never done this before, be careful to note where everything goes.
Make sure to take out absolutely everything that can be removed because you will be shaking the bong vigorously, and any moving parts left inside can break or damage the rest of the bong. Set all removable parts aside for individual cleaning.
Shake, Shake, Shake
Okay, here’s where the real process begins. Remember, the goal is to remove as much resin from the bong as possible.
Follow these steps:
- Rinse all parts under very hot water to get the top layer of debris off the bong
- Pour 1/2 cup of salt through the mouthpiece and some through the stem
- Pour 1/2 cup of rubbing alcohol through the mouthpiece and some through the stem
- Cover the mouthpiece and stem holes, get a solid grip, and then shake the bong vigorously; be sure the solution is getting into all the nooks and crannie
- When it seems as though the surfaces are clean, rinse the bong several times with warm water
Set the main body of the bong aside and turn to the individual pieces.
Here are the last parts of the cleaning process:
- Put a little bit of salt and alcohol on each of the smaller pieces
- Use the paper towel and chopstick to scrub as much of the pieces as possible
- A cotton swab also works well, or you can invest in some cleaning brushes (these $3 bong brushes I have are great)
- You can also find other supplies in online stores or head shops
- Rinse each piece and allow them to air dry
- Reassemble the bong
By following this quick, simple process, you will be able to keep your favorite bong or other preferred smoking device in great shape and ready to go.
[This article was written by Patrick Gerald, a freelance writer based in San Francisco, CA.]
Featured Partner: Meet All Your Local Marijuana Needs (Buy Sell Buds) Anonymously In Real-Time For FREE
Leafedin – Weed App – Find Weed Near You! Meet Any of Your Marijuana Product or Labor Needs Locally in Real-Time! Free Anonymous Map Weed App, Works On Any Device, Sign-Up In Seconds and Find Bud Connects Marijuana Work or Labor, New Clients, etc INSTANTLY!