It is Medical Marijuana week in America and for those of you who don't know it, it is a way for us to support the medical marijuana movement even if we are too stoned the rest of the year to do it. With the High Times Cannabis Cup having just passed this should just help to continue to push the movement forward.
Medical Marijuana is a serious issue in America right now. The problem is, the Government seems to think it is an issue that they can continue to just brush under the rug and think is just going to go away. If we were just any stoners that might be the case but we are the greenies so not only are we high as shit but we are still going to get involved with the fight.
Here is all of the info on how we can get involved in Medical Marijuana week directly from 'Americans for Safe Access' who organized this:
During Medical Marijuana Week (Feb. 13-17), here are some other ways you can get involved and make a difference:
1. Monday, February 13: Call the White House and tell Pres. Obama to keep his promise to not use Justice Department resources to undermine state laws, stop putting politics before science, and act immediately to reclassify cannabis as medicine. Click here for sample script and call in information.
2. Tuesday, February 14: Contact Congress, 202-224-3121, and urge your representative to sponsor legislation to reclassify cannabis, end federal interference in state programs, and provide licensed patients and provides a defense in court.
3. Wednesday, February 15: Ask your Governor to sign the DEA Rescheduling Petition. Find your Governor's contact information by clicking here.
4. Thursday, February 16 @ Noon: Make your voice heard at a rally near you! Click here for a full list of rallies.
5. Friday, February 17: Join the movement and help fund the fight for safe access.
More info on this will be posted all week on their website.