Before this game in Charlotte last night, Michael Jordan paid a visit to his troops and gave them a pep talk. Apparently it helped or maybe it was the fact that the Nets looked lethargic on defense and didn’t seem like they cared if they won the game or not. Whatever it was, the Bobcats beat the Nets at home last night 115-99. The win ended their 3 game losing streak and the Nets 5 game winning streak.
You can’t say that all of the Nets didn’t go hard though. Jason Kidd, who was sporting a pornstar-mustache look, recorded his third straight triple double for the first time in his career. Kidd finished with 13 points, 12 assists, 11 rebounds, 1 steal, 1 block. He was all over the place but for the most part it was him against the Bobcats all by himself.
Jason Richardson scored 25 points in this one and Gerald Wallace had a double-double, 21 points 11 rebounds. They shot 58.7% from the floor too… Damn, Mike needs to come and talk to these guys more often.
Knicks score a rare road victory
Ok so the Knicks have now won 2 games on the road. James Dolan will probably give Isiah Thomas another contract extension.
Eddie Curry played well in front of his former home crowd, scoring 29 points leading the Knicks to a 105-100 victory in Chicago. This win snapped a 7 game losing streak for the Knicks. Jamal Crawford added 24 points in this one including this sick shake and bake move on Kirk Hinrich.
My goodness. Kirk Hinrich still doesn’t know which way Jamal Crawford went. It may have been a walk but oh well.
Durant goes down, so do the Sonics
For once, Lebron James didn’t have take over in the fourth quarter for the Cavs to win. He got to rest for the most part in the fourth quarter with about 8 minutes to go. James schooled Sonics rookie sensation Kevin Durant by scoring 22 points and leading his team to 95-79 win. This was their fourth straight win and their sixth win in their last seven games.
Durant had a decent game as well, scoring 24 points despite the fact that he didn’t score in the first quarter and left with about 7 minutes left after spraining his ankle.
“It’s feeling better,” he said. “I tweaked it earlier in the season, so I’ve kept a brace on it throughout the year. But I still managed to get it hurt a little bit. Hopefully, it will be OK tomorrow.”
He says that he should be ok but we will see what the doctors say. It didn’t look too serious so I don’t think it will be that serious but he does need to put on some weight or else this will be a continuing issue for him. Durant only weighs about 125 lbs and if he doesn’t bulk up, his bones will break like pretzel sticks.
Around the League
- Charlie Bell and Mo Williams each scored 21 points and the Bucks beat the struggling 76ers 87-83.
- Luther Head’s season-high 24 points and Rafer Alston’s double-double led Houston past the Washington Wizards 92-84, the Rockets’ third consecutive victory.
- Rashad McCants continues his sharp shooting streak with 27 points and the Timberwolves snap an eight-game losing streak with a 101-91 victory over the reeling Heat.
- Derek Fisher scored 26 points and Kobe Bryant added 25 to lead the Los Angeles Lakers to a 117-101 victory over the Memphis Grizzlies.
- Carlos Boozer scored 22 points and reserve Matt Harpring added 16 to power the Utah Jazz to a 111-89 victory over the Indiana Pacers.
- John Salmons scored 21 points and Brad Miller had 20 to help the Sacramento Kings hold off the Orlando Magic, 104-100.
Featured Partner: Meet All Your Local Marijuana Needs (Buy Sell Buds) Anonymously In Real-Time For FREE
Leafedin – Weed App – Find Weed Near You! Meet Any of Your Marijuana Product or Labor Needs Locally in Real-Time! Free Anonymous Map Weed App, Works On Any Device, Sign-Up In Seconds and Find Bud Connects Marijuana Work or Labor, New Clients, etc INSTANTLY!