I guess Deron Williams was feeling bitter about not being selected to the all star game. Williams’ team is playing off the charts right now including their 110-88 man handling of the Hornets last night.
Deron Williams led his team with 29 points and 11 assists to record his eighth straight double-double, maybe thats why their winning so much lately. The Hornets have lost 3 straight and it doesn’t get any easier for them, their next opponent is Phoenix on Wednesday. At this rate they will stumble into the All Star break.
Iverson is ice cold
So this game started off rough for Allen Iverson. A.I. only scored 6 points in the first half but in the second half he showed the Blazers why he was voted to the All Star game.
Iverson scored 19 points in the second half and overtime to lead the Nuggets past the Blazers 105-103 in Portland last night. Iverson hit the game winning shot with less than a second to go in the overtime period to lift the Nuggets to victory.
Around the league
- Josh Smith had 19 points, nine assists and nine blocks, and the Atlanta Hawks overcame an abysmal first quarter in a 96-91 victory over the Philadelphia 76ers.
- Josh Howard scored 28 points and the Dallas Mavericks overcame Hedo Turkoglu’s triple-double to hold off the Orlando Magic 107-98.
- Chris Bosh scored 24 points on 8-for-11 shooting, Andrea Bargnani added 22 and the Toronto Raptors shot 60 percent on the way to beating the hapless Miami Heat 114-82.
- Leave it to the Knicks to kill the mood – and perhaps their season – quicker than you can say Super Bowl champions. With three Giant players in attendance, the Knicks’ skid reached six games as the Clippers rallied from a 14-point deficit to win 103-94.
- Tracy McGrady had 26 points, six rebounds and seven assists, and the surging Houston Rockets held on for a 92-86 victory over the Minnesota Timberwolves.
- Leandro Barbosa scored 30 points and Raja Bell added 24, including a season-high seven 3-pointers, to help the Phoenix Suns stay unbeaten against Charlotte with a 118-104 victory over the Bobcats.
- Joe Smith, reinserted into the starting lineup, scored 25 points to lead the Chicago Bulls to a 118-108 victory over the Seattle SuperSonics.
Featured Partner: Meet All Your Local Marijuana Needs (Buy Sell Buds) Anonymously In Real-Time For FREE
Leafedin – Weed App – Find Weed Near You! Meet Any of Your Marijuana Product or Labor Needs Locally in Real-Time! Free Anonymous Map Weed App, Works On Any Device, Sign-Up In Seconds and Find Bud Connects Marijuana Work or Labor, New Clients, etc INSTANTLY!