In Lebron James’ first game back in Detroit since dropping 48 in a double overtime game last season, Lebron had an extremely mediocre return.
James sprained his left index finger in the second quarter and did not return. Without James, the Cavs didn’t stand much of a chance getting blown out 109-74.
The Pistons downplayed thoughts that this was a revenge win. “A win is a win,” said Richard Hamilton, who led Detroit with 18 points. “LeBron is a big part of their team, but they’ve still got five guys with an NBA jersey on the court.”
Around the League
- Yao Ming had 31 points and 13 rebounds, helping the Houston Rockets beat the Phoenix Suns 100-94 Wednesday night for their third straight victory.
- Josh Childress scored six points in a 13-2 run midway through the final quarter and the Atlanta Hawks broke open a close game to take a rare 96-80 victory over the Milwaukee Bucks.
- Jose Calderon has 13 points and 10 assists to help Toronto top Memphis, 103-91, despite losing both Chris Bosh and Andrea Bargnani to injury.
- Carlos Boozer scored 12 of his 26 points in the fourth quarter to lead the Utah Jazz to a 106-95 victory over the Philadelphia 76ers.
- Tony Parker had 29 points and 11 assists to help the San Antonio Spurs beat the Washington Wizards 109-94.
- Dirk Nowitzki had 27 points and 11 rebounds, Devin Harris scored 22 points, and the Dallas Mavericks snapped a three-game losing streak with a 109-103 victory over the Minnesota Timberwolves.
- Mike Dunleavy had 20 points and 11 rebounds and the Indiana Pacers held off the Portland Trail Blazers 95-89.
- Dwight Howard dunked, blocked and dominated Seattle’s undersized frontline for a career-high 39 points and 16 rebounds, and the Orlando Magic beat the SuperSonics 110-94 on Wednesday night for their NBA-best 14th win.
- Stephen Jackson made two 3-pointers in a 20-second span late in the fourth quarter and Monta Ellis had 22 points to rally the Golden State Warriors to a 103-96 victory over the Sacramento Kings.
Featured Partner: Meet All Your Local Marijuana Needs (Buy Sell Buds) Anonymously In Real-Time For FREE
Leafedin – Weed App – Find Weed Near You! Meet Any of Your Marijuana Product or Labor Needs Locally in Real-Time! Free Anonymous Map Weed App, Works On Any Device, Sign-Up In Seconds and Find Bud Connects Marijuana Work or Labor, New Clients, etc INSTANTLY!