Magic Rally in Fourth to Beat Lakers
The Magic don’t like going to Los Angeles. They have lost 10 straight games against the Lakers in Los Angeles but they are playing so well right now they were actually able to make a comeback win. They have only won 3 of their last 18 trips to the Forum. Ouch.
Dwight Howard actually looked human in this game scoring 17 points with 8 rebounds. He’s had a sick season as are the Magic. Rashard Lewis scored 18 points with 7 assists and Hedo Turkoglu added 14 points and sparked a fourth quarter comeback by hitting a 3 pointer that put the Magic ahead for good.
Sonics and Warriors playing with fire
The Warriors got off to a hot start in this game. They were up 17-8 in the first quarter but during a timeout a spotlight caught on fire in Seattle. Firefighters had to be called to the scene. They were able to extinguish the fire but not the Warriors hot streak. The Warriors took the game 109-96.
Around the League
- Carmelo Anthony scored 30 points, and Kenyon Martin added a season-high 20 to help the Denver Nuggets rout the Miami Heat 115-89.
- Grant Hill scored a season-high 28 points, nine during a fourth-quarter flurry that broke open a close game, and the Phoenix Suns pulled away to beat the New York Knicks 115-104.
- Jason Maxiell had 18 points and 11 rebounds to help the Detroit Pistons rout the New Jersey Nets 118-95.
- Tony Parker scored 27 points and the San Antonio Spurs beat the Portland Trail Blazers 100-79, despite losing Tim Duncan in the second quarter with an injured knee and ankle.
- amaal Tinsley made three consecutive 3-pointers down the stretch to cap a 29-point effort and Jermaine O’Neal added 20 points and 15 rebounds despite a sore shoulder, leading the Indiana Pacers to a 101-95 victory over the Los Angeles Clippers.
- With LeBron James missing his second straight game with a sprained finger, Boston beat Cleveland 80-70 despite limited contributions from two of their stars but with more outstanding defense