Before the game Dwayne Wade had a message to the few Heat fans there are left:
“I know it’s been a tough year,” Wade said, as he thanked fans for helping vote him onto the Eastern Conference All-Star team. “But it won’t last forever.”
He’s right that it won’t last forever but it will definitely last for right now.
J.R. Smith knocked down 8 three pointers (career high) and finished with 28 points. Carmelo Anthony added 22 points with 6 of them coming in the Overtime period to help lead the Nuggets past the struggling Heat. This loss gives the Heat their 23rd loss in their last 24 games. Ouch.
Dwayne Wade and Shawn Marion fought valiantly for the Heat but it was all futile. They were outplayed when it counted. The Heat had a 14 point lead at halftime that they allowed to slip out of their hands. Marion scored 23 points and grabbed 18 rebounds, the most boards for any member of the Heat this season. Wade had 29 points and 10 assists but he missed a 22 foot shot to win the game for them in regulation. When your winning games it just seems like those shots fall… When your not then your the Heat.
Around the league
- Chauncey Billups came through when it mattered, scoring 12 of his 16 points in the fourth quarter to rally the Detroit Pistons to their ninth win in a row, 94-90 over the Atlanta Hawks.
- Paul Pierce had 28 points and 12 rebounds, and the short-handed Boston Celtics beat the Indiana Pacers 104-97 to win their fourth straight game.
- With a 92-88 win over the visiting Timberwolves last night, the Nets won their third straight and took over seventh place in the Eastern Conference. Jason Kidd fell a point and an assist short of his 100th career triple-double.
- Hakim Warrick had 24 points and 13 rebounds – both season-high totals – to lead the Memphis Grizzlies to a 107-94 victory over the Sacramento Kings.
- Peja Stojakovic hit six 3-pointers as he and Hornets teammate David West scored 27 points apiece in a 100-86 victory over the Bulls, sending Chicago to its sixth loss in nine games.
Featured Partner: Meet All Your Local Marijuana Needs (Buy Sell Buds) Anonymously In Real-Time For FREE
Leafedin – Weed App – Find Weed Near You! Meet Any of Your Marijuana Product or Labor Needs Locally in Real-Time! Free Anonymous Map Weed App, Works On Any Device, Sign-Up In Seconds and Find Bud Connects Marijuana Work or Labor, New Clients, etc INSTANTLY!