Houston has been the hottest team in the West lately and they are completly flying under the radar. They have won 8 in a row and 11 of their last 12. Despite this hot streak they are still only tied for the very last playoff spot in the West.
Yao Ming ended the game with 25 points and 7 rebounds. Rafer Alston contributed 17 points and Tracy McGrady had 12.
“We’re doing well and it looks like we’re climbing the ladder at a fast pace,” Alston said. “But we’re slow-walking. The West is so good. We just have to continue to take care of what we take care of.”
Warriors 120 – Wizards 117
This was a crazy game for the Warriors. They fell behind by 23 in the first half and seemed to be all but out of the game. Did they panic though? Hell no. They just made a great comeback to beat the struggling Wizards 120-117.
They slowly chipped away at the lead going into the second half. The turning point was when their defense stepped up and held the Wizards to 2:50 without scoring. Then Stephen Jackson decided to take over as well. Jackson scored 10 of the Warriors last 12 points to lead them to victory. He finished with a season high of 41 points.
When your on an 8 game winning streaking and 3 of your top scorers are injured, bad things happen. Even bad things that you don’t expect to happen, happen.
When you have a highly dynamic and overly dramatic young team, every tough win you get is a learning experience. Just ask Warriors coach Don Nelson.
“Never a dull moment around here, huh?” Nelson said after watching his club’s 12th comeback from a double-digit deficit already this season.
“I wish we played every possession the way we played in the second half, but that just doesn’t happen,” he added. “A shot here, a shot there, and a totally different outcome. … Why? Don’t ask me. I’m only the coach. Why do we start games that way? I don’t have a clue.”
Around the league
- Larry Hughes scored a season-high 40 points and LeBron James added 29 and 10 assists as the Cleveland Cavaliers beat the Orlando Magic 118-111.
- Andre Miller scored 21 points to lead the Philadelphia 76ers to their fourth straight win, 84-76 over the Dallas Mavericks.
- Manu Ginobili scored a season-high 34 points and added a career-high 15 rebounds, leading the San Antonio Spurs to a 93-88 victory over the Toronto Raptors.
- Kobe Bryant scored 31 points, Pau Gasol added 26 and the new-look Los Angeles Lakers continued their impressive road trip with a 106-97 win against the reeling Bobcats.
- Al Thornton scored 25 points and Sam Cassell added 21 points and eight assists as the Los Angeles Clippers beat the Milwaukee Bucks 96-89.
Featured Partner: Meet All Your Local Marijuana Needs (Buy Sell Buds) Anonymously In Real-Time For FREE
Leafedin – Weed App – Find Weed Near You! Meet Any of Your Marijuana Product or Labor Needs Locally in Real-Time! Free Anonymous Map Weed App, Works On Any Device, Sign-Up In Seconds and Find Bud Connects Marijuana Work or Labor, New Clients, etc INSTANTLY!