Rockets 94 – Wizards 69
So yesterday the Rockets got the devastating news that their star Yao Ming would be out for the rest of the season and they were doing so well too. I’m starting to think that someone must have put a hex on them.
Last nights game was their first game Yao-less but they didn’t need him to beatdown the Wizards at home last night 94-69.
Luther Head led the way for the Rockets by scoring 18 points. Luis Scola had 14 points, Rafer Alston had 13 points and Tracy McGrady had 11.
Around the league
- Shawn Marion scored 24 points on 10-of-14 shooting, Udonis Haslem added 17 and the Miami Heat used a huge third quarter to beat the Sacramento Kings 107-86 and snap an 11-game losing streak.
- Hedo Turkoglu scored 17 his 25 points in the fourth quarter and the Magic won their third straight game, 102-92 over the Nets.
- Michael Redd hit a game-winning 3-pointer as the final horn sounded, giving the Milwaukee Bucks a 105-102 victory over the new-look Cleveland Cavaliers.
- Al Jefferson and Rashad McCants scored 22 points, Randy Foye added a season-high 20, and the Minnesota Timberwolves beat the Utah Jazz 111-100.
- Steve Nash had 25 points and 13 assists and Shaquille O’Neal added 13 points to go along with 11 rebounds, leading the Phoenix Suns to a 127-113 win over the Memphis Grizzlies.
- Monta Ellis scored 30 points, Austin Croshere added 14 in the decisive third quarter without missing a shot, and the Golden State Warriors beat the Seattle SuperSonics 105-99 for their fifth win in seven games.
- Kobe Bryant scored 11 of his 30 points in the fourth quarter and the Lakers beat Portland 96-83 for their ninth straight victory.