The Bulls fired Scott Skiles on Christmas eve. Merry Christmas. I guess Santa must have given them coal for Christmas because their next game was against the Spurs. The Bulls didn’t stand much of a chance against the defending champs. Spurs cruised to an easy 94-79 win at home against the Bulls.
It was a tough first game for Bulls interim coach Pete Myers. Tony Parker had 28 points in the win. They didn’t even need Manu Ginobili, whos scoring a career high this season. He was out with a sprained left index finger.
The Spurs are on top of their game right now. You can’t beat them at home, they are 15-1 at home and 9-4 against teams with winning records.
Pistons all over the Nets at Izod Center
The Pistons were just being the Pistons all night last night against the Nets. The Pistons took their sixth straight victory, beating the Nets 101-83 in a lop-sided victory. Rasheed Wallace said, “we’re just hooping.”
“Guys are just ready,” Wallace said.
Keep an eye on the Pistons this year. They’re already starting to pull away from the pack with superior defense, they are one of only two teams with an assist-turnover ratio higher than 2-1, and all 5 of their starters are averaging 10+ points per game. They may just be the top team right now.
Celtics win in Cali
The Celtics started off their current west coast trip with a 89-69 point win against the Kings last night. All that they really needed was their 33-5 second quarter run and they were able to take an easy win. They are going to have to try a lot harder to win a game against the some the elite west coast team though.
Around the league
- Andre Iguodala scored a season-high 28 points, Kyle Korver and Lou Williams added 13 apiece and the Philadelphia 76ers held off the pesky Miami Heat 96-85
- Joe Johnson scored the first two baskets in a 12-0 run and the host Hawks defeated the Indiana Pacers, 107-95, for their first five-game winning streak in eight years.
- Hedo Turkoglu scored 26 points, Rashard Lewis added 25 and the Orlando Magic broke a four-game home losing streak with a 110-96 victory over the New York Knicks.
- Caron Butler returned from two sore ankles to score 25 points and the Wizards beat the Bobcats 108-104 to snap a three-game losing streak.
- Chris Paul had 40 points and nine assists, and the New Orleans Hornets used a third-quarter spurt to beat the Memphis Grizzlies 116-98.
- Marcus Camby had a triple-double and Carmelo Anthony posted his fourth straight double-double as the Denver Nuggets beat the Milwaukee Bucks 125-105. Camby got his tripl-double the hard way as he had 10 points, 11 rebounds and 10 blocks.
- Carlos Boozer scored 21 points, including six of Utah’s last seven, and the Jazz held off the Dallas Mavericks 99-90.
- Monta Ellis scored a career-high 35 points to go with six rebounds and four assists, and the Golden State Warriors held on to beat the Minnesota Timberwolves 105-101 for their fifth straight home victory.
Featured Partner: Meet All Your Local Marijuana Needs (Buy Sell Buds) Anonymously In Real-Time For FREE
Leafedin – Weed App – Find Weed Near You! Meet Any of Your Marijuana Product or Labor Needs Locally in Real-Time! Free Anonymous Map Weed App, Works On Any Device, Sign-Up In Seconds and Find Bud Connects Marijuana Work or Labor, New Clients, etc INSTANTLY!