Martin Brodeur has just been setting record after record this season. He may be the G.O.A.T. and he just set another record last night. He hit the 30 win mark in an NHL-record 12 straight seasons.
“It’s one of the things I set for myself,” he said after the New Jersey Devils’ 3-2 overtime victory against the Ottawa Senators on Wednesday night. “Thirty games at the end of the year is not a big number, but not that many goalies do it in consecutive years, so it’s nice.
“Now I’ll look forward to try to hit 35 next.”
The way the Devils have been playing lately, it shouldn’t be long before he hits that 35 mark.
Around the league
- Eric Perrin and Slava Kozlov scored on Atlanta’s first two shootout opportunities and the Thrashers beat the Washington Capitals 3-2.
- Dustin Byfuglien scored two goals and the Chicago Blackhawks rolled to a big early lead to beat the Columbus Blue Jackets 7-2.
- Ryan Miller stopped 35 shots and Paul Gaustad scored the lone goal, lifting the Buffalo Sabres to a 1-0 win over the Toronto Maple Leafs.
- The Boston Bruins used first-period goals by Petteri Nokelainen and Vladimir Sobotka as well as a smothering defense for a 2-1 win over the Pittsburgh Penguins.
- Alexei Kovalev’s shot from the right circle 1:43 into overtime gave the Montreal Canadiens a 2-1 victory over Florida last night in Sunrise, Fla., spoiling the Panthers’ first game since forward Richard Zednik was seriously injured earlier this week.
Featured Partner: Meet All Your Local Marijuana Needs (Buy Sell Buds) Anonymously In Real-Time For FREE
Leafedin – Weed App – Find Weed Near You! Meet Any of Your Marijuana Product or Labor Needs Locally in Real-Time! Free Anonymous Map Weed App, Works On Any Device, Sign-Up In Seconds and Find Bud Connects Marijuana Work or Labor, New Clients, etc INSTANTLY!