Patrick Elias has been finding his offensive touch as of late and it continued in this game. Elias had the go ahead goal in the second period and the Devils never looked back. They on to win the game 4-1 in Raleigh, NC against the Carolina Hurricanes.
Elias got off to a slow start this season, only scoring 6 goals in their first 32 games. Since then he has scored 4 goals in the last 7 games. Not too shabby.
For once the Devils offense looked as good as their prolific defense does. Their D was as good as it always is led by their amazing goalie Martin Brodeur.
Brodeur had another stellar game in this one stopping 20 shots by the Canes and continuing his great play. He has has allowed two goals or less in seven of his last eight games.
“It was one of our good games,” Brodeur said. “We just did the right things out there. We got the first goal again.”
Around the League
- The Atlanta star scored his league-leading 36th goal but fired wide in the shootout, allowing Olli Jokinen to give the Florida Panthers a 3-2 win over the Thrashers.
- Alex Kovalev and Tomas Plekanec each had a goal and an assist to lift the Canadiens to a 5-2 victory over the Bruins.
- Scott Hartnell scores three consecutive goals and Antero Niittymaki wins his fourth straight start for the Philadelphia Flyers, who rally to a 6-2 victory over the New York Rangers.
- Ty Conklin made 35 saves, Jordan Staal had two goals and an assist, and the Pittsburgh Penguins extended their winning streak to eight games with a 4-1 victory over the Tampa Bay Lightning.
- Dean McAmmond scored on Ottawa’s sixth shootout attempt and the Senators handed the Buffalo Sabres their eighth straight loss, 3-2.
- Gaborik scored on the final attempt in a shootout and Harding made 26 saves in relief, lifting the Minnesota Wild to a 6-5 win over Detroit.
- Brad Boyes scored twice, Paul Kariya had a goal and two assists, and the St. Louis Blues extended their points streak to six games with a 4-2 victory over the Dallas Stars.
- Robert Nilsson and Kyle Brodziak each had a goal and an assist, and the Edmonton Oilers won their third straight game, 5-2 over the Phoenix Coyotes.
- Dustin Brown scored twice as the Los Angeles Kings defeated the Toronto Maple Leafs 5-2.
- Jeremy Roenick and Milan Michalek scored power play goals, and the San Jose Sharks beat Vancouver 3-1.
Featured Partner: Meet All Your Local Marijuana Needs (Buy Sell Buds) Anonymously In Real-Time For FREE
Leafedin – Weed App – Find Weed Near You! Meet Any of Your Marijuana Product or Labor Needs Locally in Real-Time! Free Anonymous Map Weed App, Works On Any Device, Sign-Up In Seconds and Find Bud Connects Marijuana Work or Labor, New Clients, etc INSTANTLY!