Someone the Rangers managed to blow a 5-0 second period lead to lose to the Canadiens in Montreal 6-5 in a shootout. This was both the biggest comeback for the Habs as well as the biggest lead lost by the Rangers in both of these teams long history. These two were 2 of the original 6 so you already know they have a long history.
Penguins 3 – Panthers 2
The Pens and Panthers went into the third with a 2-0 lead in favor of the Panthers. The Pens made an amazing comeback in the third, scoring 2 goals in the final 3:20 to pull out the 3-2 win. Two of those were from Ryan Malone.
Around the league
- David Krejci scored in the third round of the shootout to lift the Boston Bruins past the Carolina Hurricanes 3-2.
- The Ottawa Senators knew what was at stake, and they stepped up against the Philadelphia Flyers. Antoine Vermette had a goal in regulation and another in the shootout as the Senators defeated the struggling Flyers 3-2.
- Vesa Toskala made 26 saves while starting for the 17th time in 18 games as the Toronto Maple Leafs beat the Columbus Blue Jackets 3-1.
- Brad Boyes’ 32nd goal put St. Louis ahead to stay and the Blues scored three power-play goals for the second straight game in a 5-1 victory over the Chicago Blackhawks.
- Scott Nichol and J.P. Dumont each scored a goal and added a pair of assists as the Nashville Predators edged the Edmonton Oilers 5-4.
- Daniel Sedin’s overtime goal lifted the Vancouver Canucks to a 3-2 win over the Minnesota Wild.
- Dion Phaneuf and Jarome Iginla each scored two goals to lead the Calgary Flames to a 4-1 win over the Phoenix Coyotes.
Featured Partner: Meet All Your Local Marijuana Needs (Buy Sell Buds) Anonymously In Real-Time For FREE
Leafedin – Weed App – Find Weed Near You! Meet Any of Your Marijuana Product or Labor Needs Locally in Real-Time! Free Anonymous Map Weed App, Works On Any Device, Sign-Up In Seconds and Find Bud Connects Marijuana Work or Labor, New Clients, etc INSTANTLY!