Martin Havlat scored twice, and Patrick Sharp and rookie Jonathan Toews each had a goal and two assists to help the Chicago Blackhawks end a season-high, four-game losing streak with a 6-3 victory over the Los Angeles Kings.
Around the League
- Injury fill-ins Mason Raymond and Jason Jaffray assisted on each other’s first NHL goals and the Vancouver Canucks — without forward Brendan Morrison — beat the Anaheim Ducks 3-2.
- Dany Heatley had two goals and an assist, leading the Ottawa Senators to a 6-0 rout of the Carolina Hurricanes. Ray Emery and Martin Gerber teamed to post Ottawa’s second shutout of the season. Jason Spezza had a goal and two assists, Dean McCammond added a goal and an assist, and Mike Fisher, and Shean Donovan also scored.
- A week ago, the Columbus Blue Jackets beat Colorado in a wild, end-to-end game. Last night, they won again — this time with their defense. Fredrik Norrena stopped 15 shots, and the Blue Jackets shut down the Avalanche en route to a 4-1 victory.
- Milan Lucic scores the go-ahead goal off a rebound with 3:47 remaining and Alex Auld wins his third straight start for Boston, leading the Bruins to a 5-3 victory over the Atlanta Thrashers.
- With sporadic flashes of brilliance from Brendan Shanahan, Martin Straka and Scott Gomez, the Rangers managed a point in the standings. But the Capitals ultimately were rewarded with a 5-4 victory in overtime.
- Ales Kotalik has a goal and assist, Ryan Miller makes 28 saves and the Sabres score three goals in the second period to beat the Islanders, 5-3.
Featured Partner: Meet All Your Local Marijuana Needs (Buy Sell Buds) Anonymously In Real-Time For FREE
Leafedin – Weed App – Find Weed Near You! Meet Any of Your Marijuana Product or Labor Needs Locally in Real-Time! Free Anonymous Map Weed App, Works On Any Device, Sign-Up In Seconds and Find Bud Connects Marijuana Work or Labor, New Clients, etc INSTANTLY!