Calgary Flames star Jarome Iginla had been in a bit of a slump lately. He hadn’t scored a goal in 11 games but last night was a nice way to break out of that slump. In the Flames match-up with the Coyotes last night, Iginla scored the game tying goal with just 9 seconds left to put them into OT. Phew.
Later he scored the game winner in a shootout to complete the comeback for the Flames. They came back from being down 3 goals in the third period to take the win.
“I was sure happy to see it go in for a number of reasons,” Iginla said.
“I was just trying to turn around and shoot it and that’s the way it goes sometimes,” Iginla said. “You’re just trying to put it to the net. The ones you don’t expect to, they go in sometimes. That sure felt good to see that go in.”
Dion Phaneuf also came up big for the Flames. Phaneuf was responsible for the other two goals that helped the Flames come back in the third.
Alexander Ovechkin’s OT goal lifts caps
The Washington Capitals also completed a good comeback last night with a 4-3 victory over the Columbus Blue Jackets. Alexander is fastly developing in the games best young player. Sidney who?
Ovechkin and his team of youngsters are maturing. Ovechkin added two goals to his league leading total which is now at 45. One of those goals was the overtime game winner 2:28 minutes into overtime. The Final
“It doesn’t matter what the score is — 2-0, 4-0 — you’ve just got to play,” the Russian superstar said. “We just have to believe in ourselves. We know we can win the game. It doesn’t matter what happens. This was a big game for the young guys. We’re just growing up.”
Around the league
- Daniel Paille scored twice, and Ryan Miller stopped 30 shots to lead the Buffalo Sabres to a 4-2 victory over the Boston Bruins.
- Antero Nittymaki and the Philadelphia Flyers own the Thrashers, especially in Atlanta. Nittymaki stopped 23 shots to stay perfect in eight decisions against Atlanta and Steve Downie scored with 4:29 left in the third period to give the Flyers a 3-2 victory. Philadelphia has won nine straight against the Thrashers.
- So much for Bridgeport reinforcements aiding the Islanders’ sorry attack, as the Ducks landed on Long Island and sent the collapsing Isles to their fifth straight regulation loss with a 3-0 victory at Nassau Coliseum.
- Alexander Frolov and Anze Kopitar each had a goal and an assist to lead the Los Angeles Kings to 4-2 win over the New York Rangers.
- Richard Zednik scored three goals and Tomas Vokoun stopped all 23 shots he faced as the Florida Panthers routed the Toronto Maple Leafs 8-0.
- Tomas Plekanec had two goals and an assist, and Andrei Kostitsyn had a goal and two assists in the Montreal Canadiens’ 4-3 victory over the Ottawa Senators.
- Chris Mason made 31 saves for his fourth shutout this season, leading the Nashville Predators to a 1-0 victory over the Carolina Hurricanes.
- Dan Cleary ties the game with 1:20 to play in regulation and Brett Lebda scores 1:37 into overtime to lift the Red Wings to their eighth straight victory, a 3-2 win over the Wild.
- Brenden Morrow scored in the sixth round of the shootout as the Dallas Stars extended their winning streak to four games with a 3-2 victory over the Vancouver Canucks.
- The Tampa Bay Lightning have figured out how to win on the road. Paul Ranger scored twice, Martin St. Louis had a goal and two assists and the Lightning won their fifth consecutive road game, 5-4 over the St. Louis Blues.
Featured Partner: Meet All Your Local Marijuana Needs (Buy Sell Buds) Anonymously In Real-Time For FREE
Leafedin – Weed App – Find Weed Near You! Meet Any of Your Marijuana Product or Labor Needs Locally in Real-Time! Free Anonymous Map Weed App, Works On Any Device, Sign-Up In Seconds and Find Bud Connects Marijuana Work or Labor, New Clients, etc INSTANTLY!