NHL Wrap: Red Wings keep on rolling
Red Wings Blank the Blues
Chris Osgood stopped 20 shots for his 45th career shutout, leading the Detroit Red Wings to a 5-0 victory over the St. Louis Blues. Center Valtteri Filppula scored twice to pace the Red Wings, who won for the fifth time in their last six games and improved to 27-7-3 overall. St. Louis, playing in front of its largest home crowd of the season, fell to 18-13-3.
Sens top the Sabres
Dany Heatley had a goal and two assists, Martin Gerber made 29 saves and the Ottawa Senators beat the Buffalo Sabres 5-3. Wade Redden added a goal and assist for the Senators, who scored three times in the second period. Antoine Vermette, Mike Fisher and Daniel Alfredsson also scored for Ottawa, which has won two straight and eight of its last 10.
Around the League
- On power-play goals by Chris Drury and Dan Girardi and the second tally of a drought-ending night by Jaromir Jagr, the Rangers pounded out a 4-2 Garden victory over the Carolina Hurricanes.
- Matt Bradley scored the tie-breaking goal and the host Capitals ended a three-game skid by beating the Tampa Bay Lightning, 3-2.
- Pascal Leclaire made 21 saves for his league-leading seventh shutout and the Columbus Blue Jackets beat the Atlanta Thrashers 2-0.
- Mike Comrie scored with 9.6 seconds left in overtime, Wade Dubielewicz made 22 saves in relief of injured Rick DiPietro, and the New York Islanders beat Jason Blake and the Toronto Maple Leafs 4-3.
- Robert Lang scored two goals in the third period and the Chicago Blackhawks beat the Nashville Predators 5-2 for their season-high fourth straight win. Patrick Sharp, Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane each had a goal and assist for the Blackhawks. Chicago’s Nikolai Khabibulin was sharp and made 30 saves.
- Brenden Morrow had two goals, Mike Ribeiro matched a career high with his 20th goal and added two assists, and the Dallas Stars routed the Minnesota Wild 8-3.
- Milan Michalek scored two goals and the San Jose Sharks set a club record with their seventh consecutive road victory, beating Los Angeles 3-2.
Featured Partner: Meet All Your Local Marijuana Needs (Buy Sell Buds) Anonymously In Real-Time For FREE
Leafedin – Weed App – Find Weed Near You! Meet Any of Your Marijuana Product or Labor Needs Locally in Real-Time! Free Anonymous Map Weed App, Works On Any Device, Sign-Up In Seconds and Find Bud Connects Marijuana Work or Labor, New Clients, etc INSTANTLY!