Things haven’t been going so great for the Penguins lately. A night after getting owned by the Flyers in Philly 8-2, the Pens rolled into New York hoping for a different outcome, their hopes didn’t come true. They were completely outplayed in every way and lost to the Rangers 4-0.
It was clear that this was going to be a long game for the Pens early. Within the first two minutes the Rangers had already scored, don’t blink.
Gomez netted two as the Rangers dismantled the Pens 4-0.
Around the League
- Jason Spezza scored a pair of goals to lead the Ottawa Senators to their sixth straight win, 3-2 over the Boston Bruins in a matchup of the Eastern Conference’s top two teams. Luke Richardson’s goal broke a 1-1 tie midway into the second and Spezza scored his second goal on a power play in the third.
- Carolina’s Scott Walker scored in overtime after the Hurricanes scored twice in the final 1:25 of regulation to give Carolina a dramatic 3-2 victory over the Toronto Maple Leafs.
- Peter Mueller scored at 6:25 of the third period to break a tie and help the Phoenix Coyotes to a 3-2 win over the Philadelphia Flyers. Mueller punched in a rebound during a wild goalmouth scramble after goaltender Marty Biron had turned away shots by Zbynek Michalek and Steven Reinprecht.
- Garnet Exelby, Mark Recchi and Slava Kozlov each scored first-period goals and the Atlanta Thrashers went on to a 6-2 win over the Tampa Bay Lightning, ending their four-game losing streak.
- Jarome Iginla scored his team-leading 24th goal and Miikka Kiprusoff made 36 saves to help the Calgary Flames beat the Columbus Blue Jackets 3-1 and extend their winning streak to a season-best sixth in a row.
- Jozef Stumpel and Brett McLean scored first-period goals and Tomas Vokoun made 23 saves, leading the Florida Panthers to a 3-2 win over the Montreal Canadiens.
- Marian Gaborik, Eric Belanger and Brian Rolston all scored in the third period to bring the Minnesota Wild back from two goals down and beat the Nashville Predators 3-2, giving coach Jacques Lemaire a victory in his 1,000th career game. Nashville, which has lost four straight, led 2-0 after two periods on goals from Jason Arnott and J.P.
- Sergei Zubov scored the only goal in a shootout to give the Dallas Stars their fourth straight win, 2-1 over the Edmonton Oilers.
- Markus Naslund overcame the flu to score twice and Roberto Luongo returned from a rib injury to make 31 saves, leading the Vancouver Canucks to a 5-0 win over the New Jersey Devils.
- Jean-Sebastien Giguere made 20 saves in his first shutout of the season, and Corey Perry scored in the Anaheim Ducks’ 2-0 victory over the San Jose Sharks.
Featured Partner: Meet All Your Local Marijuana Needs (Buy Sell Buds) Anonymously In Real-Time For FREE
Leafedin – Weed App – Find Weed Near You! Meet Any of Your Marijuana Product or Labor Needs Locally in Real-Time! Free Anonymous Map Weed App, Works On Any Device, Sign-Up In Seconds and Find Bud Connects Marijuana Work or Labor, New Clients, etc INSTANTLY!