The Stars savored this one. They almost never beat the Red Wings so whenever they do it cause for celebration. Even though right now it seems like the Red Wings are pulling their best LA Kings impression by not winning any of their last 6 games. Their longest losing streak of the season.
They’re goalie Marty Turco had 28 saves for his 32 career shutout and only his second victory in 16 tries against the Red Wings. Turco led the Stars to a 1-0 victory over the Red Wings.
“That team’s had my number so it was satisfying to beat them,” said Turco after registering his 201st victory. “Now I’m focused on evening things up against them.”
It also helped that the Red Wings are really slipping right now. They haven’t looked like the best team in the NHL over their last 6 games.
Penguins 4 – Sabres 1
It took a little while for the Pens offense to get going but they were alright because Ty Conklin held it down for them in the meantime. Conklin stopped 36 shots including the first 25 he faced. This gave the limping Penguins offense time to get going a power the Penguins to a 4-1 victory over the Sabres.
“When your goalie’s giving you the performance like Ty gave us, it gives your team some confidence,” Penguins coach Michel Therrien said. “He’s a big part of the reason why we had success.”
Evgeni Malkin, Petr Sykora, Jarkko Ruutu and Colby Armstrong all had goals for the Pens to the win.
Around the league
- Patrick Lalime stopped 21 shots and defenseman James Wisniewski had two assists in the Chicago Blackhawks’ 2-1 win over the Colorado Avalanche.
- Chris Drury scored a power-play goal and added an assist, and Henrik Lundqvist made 29 saves for the New York Rangers in a 3-1 victory over the San Jose Sharks.
- Brad Boyes’ 31st goal snapped a five-game point drought, Eric Brewer had a career-best four assists and the St. Louis Blues scored a season-high three power-play goals in a 5-1 victory over the Columbus Blue Jackets.
- Alexei Kovalev had a goal and two assists to lead the Montreal Canadiens to a 5-3 win over Philadelphia.
- Teemu Selanne set an Anaheim record with his 670th point on an assist during the Ducks’ four-goal, second-period outburst and Anaheim beat Calgary 4-2.
- Marian Gaborik scored the winner with 4.4 seconds left in overtime, and the Minnesota Wild held off a furious rally to beat the Nashville Predators 5-4.
Featured Partner: Meet All Your Local Marijuana Needs (Buy Sell Buds) Anonymously In Real-Time For FREE
Leafedin – Weed App – Find Weed Near You! Meet Any of Your Marijuana Product or Labor Needs Locally in Real-Time! Free Anonymous Map Weed App, Works On Any Device, Sign-Up In Seconds and Find Bud Connects Marijuana Work or Labor, New Clients, etc INSTANTLY!