Thrashers top Hurricanes in OT
It took overtime to do it but the Thrashers were able to continue they great play as of late. They’ve been able to play past a frustrating streak to begin the season. The Canes need to figure out how to do the same thing though.
Marian Hossa scored a power-play goal off a pass from Ilya Kovalchuk with only about 30 seconds left in the game. With the 5-4 victory the Thrashers pulled to within 3 games of the Southeast leading Hurricanes. Watch out, their right on your heals canes.
Hockey-town is still the best in the West
In a battle of the two top teams in the western conference, the Red Wings made winning look easy against the Dallas Stars. Dan Cleary led the way for the Wings with a goal and an assist in the win.
The Wings took care of the Stars winning 4-1. Besides the goal from Cleary, the Red Wings also got goal contributions from
Johan Franzen, Dallas Drake and Pavel Datsyuk. Sharing is fun!
This is the best team in the league right now. Point blank.
Around the League
- The New Jersey Devils finally found the net in an opening period. Jamie Langenbrunner and Noah Clarke scored first-period goals to spark the Devils to a 3-2 win over the Florida Panthers.
- Dustin Penner scored his second goal of the game with 17.8 seconds to play in overtime and the Edmonton Oilers beat the St. Louis Blues 3-2.
- Chris Pronger and Ryan Getzlaf each had a goal and an assist, leading the Anaheim Ducks to a 2-1 victory over the Columbus Blue Jackets.
- Steven Reinprecht scored three goals and Shane Doan had the game winner with 3:11 remaining, lifting the Phoenix Coyotes to a 5-2 win over the Colorado Avalanche.
- Jarome Iginla scored two goals to lead the Calgary Flames to a 4-3 victory over the New York Rangers.