Thomas Vanek was the man in this one. Vanek lead the Sabres to victory beginning with one goal in the first period and netting two more in the third to get his first career hat trick. The final in this one was Sabres 5 and Senators 1.
This win further helps the Sabres climb back into the playoff race. Lately they’ve been one of the NHL’s hottest teams, going undefeated through regulation in 9 straight games and getting 16 out of a possible 18 points in that same time frame. Way to come through in the clutch.
Clark MacArthur and Jason Pominville were responsible for the other goals for the Sabres to help them put a hurtin on the Sens.
Predators 4 – Red Wings 2
Nashville’s offense has been on fire lately. They have scored 13 times in the last 3 games which is not usual for them. Their line of Jason Arnott, Alexander Radulov and J.P. Dumont are mostly responsible for it. That trio combined for two goals and three assists for them as they jumped out to a quick 3-0 lead on the powerful Red Wings in the first and they were able to hold on for the 4-2 victory.
Radulov and Dumont both scored goals in the first, while Dumont added an assist and Arnott assisted on two goals. Radulov scored his second of the game in the second period.
“Every line is going, which makes it easier for everybody,” Dumont said. “We are a really good team when we all play together. When you keep your head up and stay confident, good things are going to happen.”
This loss marks the fourth straight for the NHL’s top team, the Red Wings. They have been fallin off lately but for some reason, I feel like they’ll be ok.
Around the league
- Andrew Ladd scored twice in the first 6:33, and the Carolina Hurricanes held on after Shawn Thornton had two goals in a 27-second span late in the third period to beat the Boston Bruins 3-2.
- Trent Hunter had a goal and two assists for the Islanders, who won at home for the first time this year, defeating the Philadelphia Flyers, 4-3.
- Vinny Prospal scored twice, including the go-ahead goal midway through the third, leading the Tampa Bay Lightning past the Montreal Canadiens 3-2.
- Low-scoring defenseman Jay McKee got the go-ahead goal off an aggressive play midway through the third period in the St. Louis Blues’ slump-busting 4-2 victory over the Los Angeles Kings.
- Kyle Brodziak scored twice and Mathieu Garon made 38 saves as the Edmonton Oilers continued their playoff push with a 4-2 win over the Minnesota Wild.
- Samuel Pahlsson rammed in a rebound with 4:21 remaining in the third period, Teemu Selanne added his first goal of the season and the Anaheim Ducks won their fifth straight by beating the Colorado Avalanche 2-1.
- Dion Phaneuf scored Calgary’s tying goal during a two-man advantage with 49.8 seconds left in regulation, and Jarome Iginla got the overtime winner with 24.9 seconds to play in the Flames’ 4-3 victory over the San Jose Sharks.
Featured Partner: Meet All Your Local Marijuana Needs (Buy Sell Buds) Anonymously In Real-Time For FREE
Leafedin – Weed App – Find Weed Near You! Meet Any of Your Marijuana Product or Labor Needs Locally in Real-Time! Free Anonymous Map Weed App, Works On Any Device, Sign-Up In Seconds and Find Bud Connects Marijuana Work or Labor, New Clients, etc INSTANTLY!