Update From Oregon

Backers of an initiative to legalize marijuana in Oregon on Friday turned in what they hope was more than enough signatures to qualify for the Nov. 6 general election.  They said they submitted more than 165,000 signatures to the Secretary of State’s Office in Salem.  “With nearly double the signatures needed, we’re confident we’ll qualify for the ballot and we’re excited to start reaching out to common-sense Oregon voters across the state,” said chief petitioner Paul Stanford of Portland.
The proposal would legalize marijuana use by persons 21 and older. Sales would be only at state-licensed stores. Contractors would retain 15 percent of the revenue, and 90 percent of the rest would go to the state general fund. The remaining 10 percent would go to drug abuse education and hemp and biodiesel promotion. Unlicensed growing marijuana for sale would be a class C felony.

The marijuana measure was one of seven whose supporters turned in enough signatures to potentially qualify them for the ballot.

HMJ says well done to the good sense of the people of Oregon. On to November. Find the original story here.

[image: Google images Oregon]

Featured Partner: Meet All Your Local Marijuana Needs (Buy Sell Buds) Anonymously In Real-Time For FREE

Leafedin – Weed App – Find Weed Near You! Meet Any of Your Marijuana Product or Labor Needs Locally in Real-Time! Free Anonymous Map Weed App, Works On Any Device, Sign-Up In Seconds and Find Bud Connects Marijuana Work or Labor, New Clients, etc INSTANTLY!

Elevate....

Author: DavidB

a heathen, but hopefully not an unenlightened one

Share This Post On

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This