Listen guys I’m going to keep it church. I’m disturbed as I write this piece. Why am I disturbed? Because Entertainment Weekly, named,”College Dropout”, the best album of the decade.
Now, Ye fans, don’t start sending the hate mail yet. Please, look at the list:
1. The College Dropout, Kanye West (2004)
2. The Blueprint, Jay-Z (2001)
3. Kid A, Radiohead (2000)
4. Stankonia, OutKast (2000)
5. Love And Theft, Bob Dylan (2001)
6. Home, The Dixie Chicks (2002)
7. Funeral, The Arcade Fire (2004)
8. I Am… Sasha Fierce, Beyoncé (2008)
9. FutureSex/LoveSounds, Justin Timberlake, (2006)
10. You Are Free, Cat Power (2003)
“College Dropout”, was definitely a classic album, with some unforgettable tracks and vintage production. But was it genre breaking across the musical spectrum. I say no because during this decade even Limp Bizkit and Coldplay put out hotness. And as far as Hip-Hop goes Raekwon just gave us, the highly anticipated “OB4CL2”, the Broad Street Bully made us, “Feel It In The Air”, with the,”B. coming.” And that is only two stand outs of this past decade. I’m sorry, maybe something changed in this last decade and musical greatest is now defined by Soundscan numbers.
I’d love to hear other peoples thoughts.
Featured Partner: Meet All Your Local Marijuana Needs (Buy Sell Buds) Anonymously In Real-Time For FREE
Leafedin – Weed App – Find Weed Near You! Meet Any of Your Marijuana Product or Labor Needs Locally in Real-Time! Free Anonymous Map Weed App, Works On Any Device, Sign-Up In Seconds and Find Bud Connects Marijuana Work or Labor, New Clients, etc INSTANTLY!