- Limited Edition
- Concentrates Vaporizer
Kandypens are a force to reckon with in the vape pen industry and their models always bedazzle. We know them for classic models like the Elite and the Gravity, which pretty much did the job well enough. Their new model, however, moves away from their traditional design and packs in a lot of new features you’re bound to enjoy.
There are lots of things that make the Prism stand out. It comes in a sleek stainless steel finish that feels great to hold and can be either white or black. The mouthpiece is made of glass, which is cooler and preserves flavor much better and has a splashguard. They all come with both a standard micro-USB port and the standard version comes also with a Lightning port for iPhone users. The larger Prism Plus model also features a larger chamber, side LED lights, and a longer battery life.
There are lots of other features, but we don’t want to get ahead of ourselves now, do we? So let’s go through everything in detail so you understand just why this is an awesome vape pen.
- Brand – This is a bonafide product from Kandypens, who are well known for their Galaxy, Elite, and Gravity pens. The Galaxy pen was the very first to feature dual quartz coils. They then debuted their ceramic plate atomizer with the Gravity Pen.
- Model – The Prism is Kandypens’ special vape pen that has special features, such as an extra Lightning port for Apple users and both the ceramic plate atomizer and quartz coil.
- Size and Weight – This vape pen is 10.5 cm in length and about half an inch in width, making it pocket-friendly. There aren’t any details about the exact weight on Kandypens’ website, but the pen is pretty lightweight by our standards. Holding it is a joy!
- Temperature Presets – There are 4 temperature presets, all in degrees Fahrenheit: 320, 350, 390, and 430.
- Coils – The Prism comes with two Chambers: a quartz dual coil and a ceramic plate atomizer. The usage depends on what you’re going for. If you want your wax to heat up quickly and a big cloud of vapor, then the fast heating quartz dual coil is perfect for you. If you want longer draws and to enjoy the flavour more, you’ll prefer using the ceramic atomizer.
- Battery – The Prism has a 320 mAh battery while the larger Prim Plus has a 900 mAh battery.
- Colors – Both the Prism and Prism Plus come in two colors: the black option and the white option.
- Warranty – As usual with all of Kandypens’ products, the Prism and Prism plus both come with a lifetime warranty on the battery in case they have an issue.
Understandably, we were very excited about the unboxing. The box is small and unassuming. The Prism logo just beams at you, daring you to check inside. Every box comes with a single vape pen, two glass mouthpieces with splash guards, two atomizers, one quartz and the other ceramic, a keychain dabbing tool, and a USB charger.
And now we get to talk about the features! This vape pen has a lot of interesting things going for it.
Okay, so we mentioned that there is a quartz atomizer and a ceramic atomizer. So which one should you use? It all depends!
The quartz atomizer is very fast heating. If you want your vapor now and don’t mind sacrificing some of the flavor, then the quartz is perfect for you. The quartz atomizer also produces much more vapor than its ceramic counterpart. One of the special things about it is that you’ll get this vapor even at the lower temperature presets. Using the ceramic chamber with the lower temperatures will help you preserve your wax and it’ll last much longer than using the coils.
The ceramic atomizer is a much slower burner. You’d need to set it to higher temperatures to get the same amount of vapor as you’d get with the quartz atomizer on lower presets. The beauty of the ceramic atomizer is that it allows you to more fully enjoy the flavor and take long draws from the mouthpiece.
Don’t worry about getting hot splashes from the heated wax. The glass mouthpiece features a splashguard so your mouth is safe, even at the higher temperatures. Something else that really stood out for us about the glass mouthpiece is the fact that it’s made of glass. That means it’s cooler than the mouthpieces found in other vape pens.
The vapor quality of the Prism is something we loved. If you go for the ceramic atomizer, you’ll enjoy the strong flavor. It’s well preserved and comes easy on a long draw. One of our pet peeves when it comes to other vape pens is the draw resistance. It takes a lot of force to get a draw in. With the Prism, smoking is as easy as breathing.
Both atomizers are well sealed with silicone, which is leak-proof. This plug makes sure your waxes and oils won’t leak onto the battery and ruin everything. It’s also food-grade so don’t worry about toxicity.
The charging ports at the bottom are another plus. You get the standard USB port that comes with all vape pens, but you also get a Lightning port so you don’t have to worry if you’re an Apple user!
You’ll also love the LED light around the power button that turns a different color, depending on the temperature preset: yellow for 320 degrees, green for 350 degrees, red for 390 degrees, and blue for 430 degrees.
It should be pointed out that the Prism is used for oil and wax concentrates. Crumble, CO2 oil, Rosin, Live Resin. Budder, Shatter, Wax, and so on.
How do you use it?
With the Prism, everything revolves around the power button, which makes it very convenient. To turn it on, simply press the power button 5 times quickly. To switch between the temperature presets, press the power button 3 times quickly. To burn the wax or oil before a draw, press and hold the power button as appropriate.
Loading the chamber is done with the dabbing tool that comes with the pen. This one is an art because you have to be careful not to get it on the sides. Also, don’t put in too much the first time. Try with a point-sized amount and see how long that one lasts. You might be surprised, especially if you’re using the ceramic atomizer.
Charging the batters is a fairly quick process. Getting the battery full takes roughly half an hour. However, you don’t have to wait because you can use the vape pen while charging.
How do you clean it?
You can clean the coil in your vape pen with a Q-tip dipped in isopropyl alcohol after every smoke session. This will prevent the wax from building up and affecting the quality of your vape sessions. You should also burn off any leftover wax in the atomizer after a session. Simply hold down the power button for about 15 seconds to completely burn off the excess wax. Make sure to select the highest temperature.
This vape pen is truly outstanding. The taste is smooth and rich. The pen itself fits perfectly in the hand and the pocket while being lightweight. The mouthpiece makes smoking a cool affair, even at the highest temperature. The extra Lightning port is an excellent add-on. Should you buy it? Absolutely! We’re very excited every time an industry player decides to push the frontier with a new feature or design and Kandypens didn’t disappoint us with Prism.