In the world of CBD edibles and gummy brands, Delta-8 gummies are an example of a skyrocketing product in popularity! But before you jump on the bandwagon, it’s essential to educate yourself on these products and understand as much as possible about using the product and what that could mean for you personally. For instance, in this article below, we aim to address an array of the most common questions and concerns you may have around this gummy.
Areas Covered Below:
- Legality: Are they legal? If so, why are they legal, and where are they currently legal to purchase. Also, where can you buy these products? What are the best brands, and does using these gummies show up on a drug test?
- Safety: Are they safe?
- Effects: What are the effects? Do these products get you high? How long does it take for them to work?
- How to consume: How can you and what is the best way to consume these products?
- cartridges, or “carts” you can consume this product by vaping.
- tinctures with CBD oil, and some amount of Delta-8 MG, for instance, you might want to get a 500mg Delta 8 + 500 mg CBD tinctures
Here’s what you need to know before you make your first purchase.
Our Beginner’s Guide & Rundown For All Things Delta 8 CBD Gummies
So what is a Delta 8 CBD gummy?
Did you know that the full name for the THC type that gets you high is Delta 9 THC? Delta 8, or Tetrahydrocannabinol, is a close relative to the Delta 9 compound. You can find it in every cannabis and hemp plant, although it’s a minimal amount. During a careful extraction and filtration process, you can isolate this compound from others in the plant.
Keep in mind that Delta 8 is illegal in some parts of the U.S., so it’s always a good idea to check your local laws before you buy and consume. However, that does not mean that Delta 8 produces intense psychoactive effects. On the contrary: it’s known for having a more mild buzz. According to the National Cancer Insitute, “the delta-8-thc agent exhibits a lower psychotropic potency than delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol, or Delta 9.”
Regarding passing or failing a drug test, if you take delta-8, there seems to be an array of opinions. We’ve found that if your product is “delta 9 free” and you confirm that on the certificate of analysis, you shouldn’t test positive for THC. But if it isn’t, then there is a possibility you could, so be cautious and don’t put yourself in a compromising position unnecessarily.
Effects wise, if you’re already familiar with Delta 9, you should know that the effects with delta 8 can be pretty similar. The most significant difference is that Delta 8 has milder outcomes for users. For this reason, a lot of people try Delta 8 products before Delta 9. If you want the more intense effects, you can always “upgrade.” It’s easy to remember which is which. Just think of the smaller number having more mild effects. An example of some potential timelines for feeling the effects, or “high” from these products could be
- onset of the feeling/high ~ 6+ minutes after taking
- the peak of the effects and feeling happening between 30 minutes and two and half hours.
- Overall lasting effects about 5 hours.
Can Delta 8 and CBD be helpful together?
Rather than just taking this cannabinoid on its own, many people have discovered that they enjoy Delta 8 the most when combined with CBD, which is probably the most prevalent cannabinoid for wellness. Products that combine these two compounds usually have an equal mix of Delta 8 and CBD so that you can get the benefits of both! CBD is known for boosting your body’s endocannabinoid system and helping with pain management, mental health, and overall wellbeing. When combined with Delta 8, these properties are enhanced, and you’ll experience a more relaxing sensation. Since this combination is highly potent, small doses are known to have a significant impact.
Fortunately, since CBD is THC-free, you won’t have to worry about getting too high off of this combination. The other good news is that there aren’t any significant side effects with Delta 8 CBD gummies. So you can get the wellness boost without any significant downsides.
Why use edibles, or gummies, to consume these products?
Even if you know you want to consume these two cannabinoids together, you’ll still have options for what product to use. CBD oil and gummies are two of the most popular ways to consume them. Although the choice really comes down to your personal preference, there are many reasons why many CBD users prefer gummies.
- First of all, gummies are easy to consume. While many people have a hard time taking CBD oil sublingually via tinctures, most people have chewed gummies before. Dosing is precise with gummies, while it can be a little tricky to know exactly how much you’re taking oil from a dropper.
- Lastly, a gummy or bag of gummies can be perfect when you’re on the go. You can throw them in your purse or keep a couple in your pocket and take them when you need to. There’s no messy process involved when you’re ready to use them. Not only are gummies fast to consume, but they can be fast-acting. It should take you just 10 to 30 minutes to begin to feel the effects.
What are some common uses or reasons people take Delta 8 gummies?
Like with any CBD products, people use them for all kinds of reasons.
- Pain relief or reduction: One of the most popular uses is to treat pain, especially for those who suffer from chronic conditions. Since these gummies fight inflammation, you could experience more pain-free days. They are ideal because they are a more natural alternative to mainstream painkillers, making many chronic pain sufferers feel more comfortable using them.
- Stress and Anxiety: You don’t have to suffer from a mental illness to desire stress relief naturally. From having a hard time coping with the day-to-day stresses of work, family obligations, and other things, we could all use a bit of a boost for our mental health in 2021, especially during the pandemic; everyone’s mental health has been tested to the limits. A combination of CBD and Delta 8 may help you combat anxiety and stress. Having an overall sensation of calmness can make dealing with your other day-to-day responsibilities much more manageable.
- Insomnia: There is no guarantee, but you may be able to help with your insomnia with these products. This is so important because a lack of sleep can have a significant impact on your physical and mental health and just your quality of life. These products may help you get better sleep so you can wake up feeling refreshed and ready to take on the day.
- Personal enjoyment, or to get high, buzzed: There are also plenty of people who take a Delta-8 CBD gummy without targeting any specific problem. Maybe you want to use them as part of your nighttime routine to unwind after a long day, or perhaps you want a little buzz to celebrate on the weekends.
If you have more questions about Delta 8 and the best Delta 8 CBD products to try, you’ve come to the right place! Hail Mary Jane is always working hard to find our readers the hottest trends and products in the CBD world. Reach out to us, and we will be happy to help you find the product that’s right for you!