So you want to buy but don’t know how to order weed? Tired of getting basic weed from your friends and want to finally venture out and buy exotic strains on your own? Hail Mary Jane has you covered. Until weed is legal everywhere and you can just go into stores and buy it, you need to be careful so knowing how to ask for a weed bud is key. Follow these new weed buyer rules and you should stay out of trouble with the cops and stay in good graces with you weed man which is crucial. Where to buy weed is one of the most frequent questions asked by stoners, which can be easy to answer if you live in California, or hard to impossible if you live in a restrict state.
How To Ask For Weed?
Chances are, you know someone that knows someone that has easy access to weed or at the very least, a trusted weed dealer. Friends are friends for a reason, ask them if they can make an intro so the dealer knows you can be trusted. Some dealers are paranoid and will only accept orders from people they know — if that’s the case, respect it and find one who is more welcoming.
When making the call, don’t say anything too direct like, “can I buy some weed please”, that’s a rookie move. Then, how to order weed properly? Well, you can say something like “hey, I got your number from (insert your friend’s name here)”. It’s likely that they know their clients and know what they buy so you won’t need to spell it out for them.
How To Ask For Weed Over Text?
It’s 2020, it’s the future, the best bet is to use a messaging service that is encrypted end-to-end for that extra bit of piece of mind. There are a lot of them but the more popular ones are better, as it increases the likelihood of your dealer having it as well. Use your favorite search engine to find the popular ones, download, and message away, easy peasy.
If you don’t use an anonymous messaging service and you must use text, again, don’t be too direct. So, how to ask for week over text indirectly? Perennially favorite messages asking if your dealer has got what you’re looking for include “hey, are you free later to meet”, “hi, all good with you”, etc etc.
Our Guide On How To Get Weed
This part of our in-depth guide i on how to buy weed we’ll give you the ultimate tips to order your weed properly and don’t get ripped off:
- Know the slang for weight. When your dealer asks how much you want, you want to be able to tell him and know what you are talking about: whats a dub of weed, what is an 8th of weed, etc. Examples… Eighth = 3.5 grams, Half = 14 grams, O = 28 grams (1 ounce), Nicks, Dimes, Dubs, Quo’s.
- When calling/texting your dealer, be as discreet as possible. DO NOT text asking about weed prices and weight or saying dumb shit like “Do you have any weed?” or “how much is a dub of weed?” Some dealers are ultra paranoid and that may get you cut off.
- If you plan on buying weed in large quantities, invest in a scale. You don’t want to get screwed on quantities and not all dealers are trust worthy. The more discreet the better.
Green Edit: I’ve had the iPhone scale it is horrible. Not worth the price. I suggest a normal scale that’s around $20 works fine.
4. A lot of the time, marijuana dealers will give you a great deal the first time and then you may notice your bags getting lighter and lighter. If this happens, ask the dealer how much is in the bag and either weigh it or ask him to (if you can).
5. If you are meeting up with your dealer or they are delivering, you have to be patient, they’re not weed delivery apps. I know, it sucks but a lot of dealers are on “stoner time” and will take a while to get there. You just have to deal with it sometimes but you have to realize they have lives too.
6. Here are some examples of the proper way to ask your dealer for weed via phone/text: “What up? got any?” “hey man, you good?” or “Can I meet up with you.”
7. Find a good spot to stash your weed while getting it home. Either in your car or on your person. DO NOT put your weed in that little pocket in your jeans, that’s the first place cops look. Discreet stash boxes come in handy. They now have Arizona Iced Tea, Monster Energy, household items, pantry supplies and soda can looking stash cans.
8. If you are a female, being a little flirty can have it’s perks. Guys are suckers for cute girls and when it comes down to it, he will give you the bigger bag than he will give me if he even thinks there’s a chance with you.
9. Master the pass and go handshake. If you are dealing with guys in the street or in public, often times they will pass you the weed and expect you to pass the money simultaneously. It’s not that hard, just practice with a friend if you need to.
10. If you are buying small quantities, have exact change! No one wants to have the extra work of giving you change for the dime you just bought if they don’t have to.
11. Look comfortable. If you look nervous, it will make your dealer nervous. Just act casual like you do this every day (which you probably will be soon).
12. If you can, go get your bag yourself directly from the dealer. No friends, co-workers, girlfriends or anything like that going to get it for you. No one likes the friends that pinch your bag and unfortunately, that happens so you have to be careful.
13. If the time and place is right, offer to smoke up your dealer from time to time. They probably like exotic weed as much as you do and that will help you to build a rapport with them which may get you better deals in the future.
14. Make sure to ask your dealer what kind of weed you are buying. Look at it and smell it as well. That way you will know whether or not you are buying dank weed or just some schwag. You don’t want any surprises when you get home. Know about your weed better by using Leafly.
15. Understand supply and demand and keep your ears to the streets. Weed is just like any other commodity. The price goes up and down all the time. Just because you got gram for $20 three months ago doesn’t mean the prices are going to be the same today. Be informed, know what you are buying.
How To Buy Weed: Weed Prices and Weights
Okay, so this is where it gets tricky how to buy marijuana — weed prices change all of the time and vary depending on your state (stricter laws make for more pricey weed, that is doubly true for legal dispensaries), the strain (better weed costs more), and maybe your dealers mood (this is where being friendly is a big plus). If you’re buying weed in a dispensary, a gram of high-quality weed can be anywhere from ten to thirty-five dollars. There has to be a downside of being able to just stroll into the store and buy your weed and so it comes in the form of taxes — no way around it.
If you are buying weed on the street (not literally, please, it’s 2020, there are dealers that deliver), prices vary from twenty dollar grams to a quarter of a pound (over 100 grams!) for $400. The more you buy, the cheaper it is per gram — simple economics. The one catch is it is hard to eyeball the weight of a bag and different strains are heavier or lighter, resulting in a bag that looks smaller or larger than it actually is.
What Does an 8th of Weed Look Like?
An eighth of weed is an eighth of an ounce, or 3.5 grams. As stated above, it can be hard to say exactly how much your weed weighs just by looking at it. Factors like how it is trimmed and how dry it is, combined with the strain type, all change the appearance. If the buds are dense and around thumb size, one bud can be the full eighth. If they’re fluffy there can be five to seven thumbnail-sized nugs — it really depends.
How Much Weed is in a Dub?
A dub is slang for a twenty dollar bag of weed, it’s usually about a gram, more if the weed isn’t that great or if the dealer really likes you. Word to the wise though, the more you buy, the cheaper the per-gram price is, so maybe spend a bit more and get more for your money.
How Much Does a Dime of Weed Cost?
A dime (short for dime bag) of weed is ten dollars, it’s in the name after all. These days, most dealers will not pick up their phone for ten bucks so again, maybe better spend a bit more and buy in bulk for better prices.
How to Scale Weed without Using a Scale?
Plainly speaking, invest in a scale that measures to the point of a gram — even down to .01. Marketed as pocket scales for jewelry or the kitchen, they’re usually less than $20 — a solid investment for when you want to know if you should keep returning to that dealer or not. If you really don’t want to have a scale around, a penny is supposedly 2.5 grams so if you have sensitive hands, give that a go?
How to Score Weed?
Basically, develop a relationship with a trusted dealer, one who isn’t all about ripping you off, and know what you are buying. It can be hard to tell if you’re buying good weed or not, but a good intro is this article. You’ll learn through experience, it is truly the best teacher. Now go forth and enjoy your prize!